“It is the structure of the water within our bodies that ultimately determines health or sickness”.
Dr. Mu Shik Jhon
“There is no sane reason why tens of millions in our society should be medicated when all they suffer from is dehydration”.
Dr. Fereydoon Batmanghelidj, M.D
How Much of the Earth is Water?
– 71% of the Earth’s surface is covered with water
– Oceans hold 96.5% of all the Earth’s water….this is saline or salt water
– Ice caps, glaciers and permanent snow hold 68.7% of all fresh water
– Only 30.1% of groundwater is fresh water
– Structured water is .0001% of total water and .003 % of fresh water
– Our planet’s water supply is constantly moving from one place to another and from one form to another, and being physically and spiritually cleansed, structured and energized in the process (the “Water Cycle”).
The Water Cycle – Nature’s Natural Cleansing System
How Much of Your Body is Water?
• The amount of water in the human body varies from under 50% to 90%
• The average is around 57-60%
• Infants have a much higher water content, 90%, dropping to 70% by one year, and to less than 50% in late adulthood
• The water content of the body varies according to gender and fitness level…fatty tissue contains less water
• Males average around 60%
• Females, due to more fat tissue, average around 55%
– The movement of water in and out of cells slows with age (called the water turnover rate), dramatically affecting the ratio of water inside the cells to outside the cells.
– Cells function best when 60% of total water is inside cells. With age this ratio declines to 40%. This reverses the osmotic potential of the cell and makes it very difficult to rehydrate the cell. It can be done, but takes longer in the elderly.